So for those of you that know me, I'm originally from NJ. Born and raised for 18 years in the Garden State (stop the snickering...). That also means I learned how to scare....er, I mean drive in that state as well.
It's no surprise I'm more on the aggressive side of driving (though I do try to tell people I'm just a very "defensive" driver - I mean, if you're not aggressive while driving in NJ, you'd be roadkill!).
Driving home from picking up wee man from daycare yesterday, I came across a stupid driver - turning on red while the opposing traffic (aka: me) had the turn light. I wasn't impressed, and while I would have liked to tell the dust bunnies in my car what I really thought about the stellar move, I refrained since the little guy was in the backseat. So, instead of the string of expletives I would have used in my pre-Mommy life, I chose to blurt out "bad car!"
To which my innocent toddler replied, "Bad car...silly dwyvahs!"
Apparently his father has been curbing his Irish tongue too, and prefers to blurt out, "silly drivers" at....well, you know....silly drivers.
From the mouths of babes...
1 comment:
I've nearly bitten my tongue off trying not to curse "silly drivers"! :)
Post a Comment