So last night I did a load of Wee Man's laundry after he went to bed so that he would have a fresh, clean blankie for school this morning. Everything was going fine until I went to put the load in the dryer.
I opened up the lid to the washer and thousands..ok millions..of little gel balls were covering the clothes. I screeched. The husband flew downstairs to see what was wrong (awww my very own Superman!). I was befuddled. He was dumbfounded. We stood there scratching our heads, mentally going over what could be in the coin-sized pockets that make up an 18-month old's pants.
I kept digging, scattering these little gems all over my laundry room. And there it was - the culprit - a disposable diaper.
HUH?! Well, apparently we've been so proud of ourselves for teaching Wee Man how to throw tissues in the garabage and laundry in the laundry bin, that we never thought there was a downside. It turns out, Wee Man scooped up his pile of dirty clothes from yesterday (the diaper was underneath the pile) and tossed it all in.
45 minutes of cleaning the floor, cursing, running an empty wash, cursing, rerunning the clothes wash (on HOT), and some more cursing later....everything made it safely into the dryer and was good to go this morning.
All I'm gonna say is, it could have been worse. The number two diapers happened earlier in the day.
1 comment:
This totally made me LOL!! I can sooo picture the look I would have had if I found that mess...haha
Post a Comment