Friday, October 17, 2008

Easy as pie

For those that know me, they know that I tend to be a bit challenged when it comes to the kitchen. I will say that over the years, I've gotten better (stop the snickering) with cooking. My baking, however, seriously lacks. Betty Crocker and Pillsbury are my BFF's on baking and I shun those who deny the existence of them.

Last week I was in the grocer's dairy aisle, and I was excited to come across a new Cozy Shack item - pumpkin spiced pudding. However, since I related CS with rice pudding, I thought I was getting pumpkin spiced rice pudding. Could it get more heavenly than that, I ask you?

I opened it up earlier this week and realized, however, that it was pudding and it was just so-so. I went on to read the packaging and saw that if I just had a pie shell, I could make pumpkin pie with it! So Wednesday night I attempted just that. That cute little Keebler elf assisted me in the shell part, I dumped the pudding into the shell and spread it out evenly. Into the oven it all went for 40 minutes on 400.

Voila! After some cooling the fridge, the husband and I enjoyed a nice little pumpkin pie, with whipped topping, for dessert last night.

I think I might do this for Thanksgiving and see if the family can tell the difference. I think like this kind of "baking!"

1 comment:

Pattern User & Reviewer said...

I suppose one could call that baking : P
PS-I didnt know we had similar(yet random) taste in music! If we ever move, I could have a dance party in my basement. I can even provide lots of trashy euro pop.